Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D rendering of a product. Is it possible?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
599 Views, 5 Replies

3D rendering of a product. Is it possible?

Hey guys! I am new to this forum as well as new to 3ds max. I work in rhino and render in keyshot. I got a question before i completely transfer my efforts to 3ds max. There is a VR function in keyshot that allows you to create a 3d turntable of any object. But is there such a function in 3ds max and vray? I found something close to it here you can check it out. So i want something similar to this but in 3ds max. I know for sure that the animation in the link is made in Blender. Thank all of you for your suggestions and thoughts! Happy modeling!)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

To make this shot in 3ds Max, you just attach a camera to a circe centered on the object, set the circle iterations to 100 to make the path smooth, and point the camera target towards the object. Takes all of 30 seconds.

The materials, lighting, shadows and reflections are all other variables you'll have to address depending on how realistic you want it to look but, in general, the example you gave is very easily done in 3ds Max.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Yeah but then i ll get just a video turntable or something like that. What i want is to create a 3D file that allows a web page user to interact with the model. Rotate it in any way. Possibly even zoom. And to make it via a 3DS max plugin or something. Maybe a special function that i am not aware of.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Ah, I'm with you now. I could be wrong but I've never heard of being able to add ui controllers in 3ds Max. Kind of sounds like you want game engine functionality. I don't have any experience with interactive web pages but maybe look into Unity or WebGL?

Wish I could be more help.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Ok. Just check out the KeyShot VR videos in YouTube you ll get my point. It is just a render of a product in 3D that you can embed onto your web page. If somebody tells me here that there is no such a thing in 3ds max i ll just continue to use keyshot.
Message 6 of 6
dgorsman

3DSMAX is normally used for content creation and rendering, rather than as an end-user interface.  Might want to investigate Stingray while you're looking around.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report