Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Notification Codes work incorrect [C++]

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
482 Views, 3 Replies

File Notification Codes work incorrect [C++]

Hello! In 3ds Max 2018 File Notification Codes like POST_OPEN_FILE, POST_OPEN_FILE_PROCESS, POST_OPEN_FILE_PROCESS_FINALIZED work correctly. When scene is loaded, my process starts work like i want. But i stuck in 3ds Max 2020. In my code there is callback on POST_OPEN_FILE_PROCESS and while scene opening my code starts work (should when scene load ends), but some objects in scene still not loaded. As result, some methods in my code can’t get object’s params and 3ds max crashes. I try also with POST_OPEN_FILE_PROCESS_FINALIZED and POST_OPEN_FILE.

Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
istan
in reply to: Anonymous

?

3ds Max notification messages registered with RegisterNotification() start with "NOTIFY_xx" ?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: istan

Yes, thats right

Message 4 of 4
denisT.MaxDoctor
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

File Notification Codes like POST_OPEN_FILE, POST_OPEN_FILE_PROCESS, POST_OPEN_FILE_PROCESS_FINALIZED ...

all these callbacks are supported by MXS general callbacks system. Do these MXS callbacks work the same way as your c ++? (means wrong in MAX 2020). If you think that something is working wrong with c ++, it is easy to check using MXS ... I think that the problem is in your code.

I have several my own c++ SDK tools that use POST_OPEN_FILE and I don't see a difference in how they work for MAX 2016 and 2020.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report