Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catching maxscript variable scope end/ Custom context expression

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
390 Views, 4 Replies

Catching maxscript variable scope end/ Custom context expression

Hi, 

Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything.

Basically I'm after something akin to context expressions, i.e. "with anim off" etc. where a scope in maxscript can start and _end_ a functionality, e.g. the usage of logging, etc.

I couldn't find anything in the docs that points towards context expressions being creatable, so I started looking into whether I could hook into the marking up of "Value" objects for garbage collection, but the memory handling seems to be omitted from the public headers.

Any hint at how I could catch the end of a scope or create a custom traceable scope?

I hope this makes sense when reading. 😉

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
denisT.MaxDoctor
in reply to: Anonymous

it is a c++ api question, isn't it? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: denisT.MaxDoctor

Yes, sorry, it wasn't obvious to me whether there was a further subcategorisation of 3DSMax programming? I'd expect this to be at SDK level, although happy for solutions in any API.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
denisT.MaxDoctor
in reply to: Anonymous

I understand correctly that you want to write your own custom context using c++ MAX SDK and expose it to the MXS?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: denisT.MaxDoctor

Yes, or catching the mark-up of a variable for Max's garbage collection when a local scope ends.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report