Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Catching maxscript variable scope end/ Custom context expression

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
430 Views, 4 Replies

Catching maxscript variable scope end/ Custom context expression

Hi, 

Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything.

Basically I'm after something akin to context expressions, i.e. "with anim off" etc. where a scope in maxscript can start and _end_ a functionality, e.g. the usage of logging, etc.

I couldn't find anything in the docs that points towards context expressions being creatable, so I started looking into whether I could hook into the marking up of "Value" objects for garbage collection, but the memory handling seems to be omitted from the public headers.

Any hint at how I could catch the end of a scope or create a custom traceable scope?

I hope this makes sense when reading. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
denisT.MaxDoctor
in reply to: Anonymous

it is a c++ api question, isn't it? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: denisT.MaxDoctor

Yes, sorry, it wasn't obvious to me whether there was a further subcategorisation of 3DSMax programming? I'd expect this to be at SDK level, although happy for solutions in any API.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
denisT.MaxDoctor
in reply to: Anonymous

I understand correctly that you want to write your own custom context using c++ MAX SDK and expose it to the MXS?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: denisT.MaxDoctor

Yes, or catching the mark-up of a variable for Max's garbage collection when a local scope ends.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report