Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport Display issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
528 Views, 3 Replies

Viewport Display issue

I have a massive issue with my display settings and my Graphics card (Nvidia GTX 1070)

The problem arises when I am poly modelling and attempt to select any vertex/edge etc to modify it.  As soon as I select 'vertex' or 'edge' etc the entire object disappears. It matters not if I am attempting to modify an editable poly, spline or mesh.  I have checked various forums for possible solutions such as adaptive degradation, driver configuration within MAX and viewport setup.  I have tried installing roll back drivers and playing with the display settings within the Nvidia control panel but nothing works. I thought it could be the model of my card being designed as a gaming card but apparently others are running this card with no problems. 

Anyone got any ideas? I have attached a screencast showing what happens.

Thanx

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
miledrizk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Well you mentioned that you tried driver configuration, so probably you did what i'am about to ask you,

But did you try changing the display mode within 3DS Max to an older/legacy one?

Another thing, is this happening in all your files?

Did you try with a new max file on a simple box, for example?

------------------------------------------------------
miledrizk@gmail.com
3DS Max 2021, V-Ray 5.2
3DS Max user since 2003 (3DS Max 7)
V-Ray user since 2008 (V-Ray 1.47)
My YouTube Channel http//www.youtube.com/c/MiledRizk
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: miledrizk

Hi there,

Do you know what? I have been going over all the possible solutions to this issue the past couple of days....(this has been going on for a while now!) Changing the display driver was one of the first unsuccessful things I tried...Just tried it again and guess what!!!!!!! It worked....on new and old scenes.

Thanks for jogging my memory!!

Appreciate the feed back.

Message 4 of 4
miledrizk
in reply to: Anonymous

Glad it worked!

Have a nice day! 🙂

------------------------------------------------------
miledrizk@gmail.com
3DS Max 2021, V-Ray 5.2
3DS Max user since 2003 (3DS Max 7)
V-Ray user since 2008 (V-Ray 1.47)
My YouTube Channel http//www.youtube.com/c/MiledRizk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report