Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperately need help with 3ds Max

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
651 Views, 13 Replies

Desperately need help with 3ds Max

Hi everyone!

I have a rather unorthodox question. Is there anyone who could (in exchange for money of course) create a bedroom in 3ds Max based on a picture? I need it to pass my semester, and unfortunately due to personal reasons I was not able to learn how to operate it yet. I would not be asking this if time wasn't an issue, and in this case I need it by wednesday 17/01/2018. Thanks in advance if you decide to contact me! 

-unlucky student 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Fadhil_Farook
in reply to: Anonymous

I can help you if you want to learn the techniques. That scene looks very simple to replicate in 3D. Do you want me to help you? I don't want the money. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Fadhil_Farook

I appreciate your kind intentions, however as I mentioned above time is running fast for me and I still have to prepare other things before the deadline comes so it will be difficult to do that. Wish you all the best!  

Message 4 of 14
Fadhil_Farook

Alright, I'll do it for you mate. I am almost done. If it still helps... Let me know mate.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

It will help for sure! Thank you so much bro! Let me know when you're done 🙂 

Message 6 of 14
leeminardi

Am I reading your question correctly?  Are you asking for someone to provide you with something you are going to submit for a class and represent that submission as you own work?  This is unethical and grounds for immediate disciplinary action on the part of the school.  I strongly advise @Fadhil_Farook, or anyone, not to provide you the file.

lee.minardi
Message 7 of 14
Fadhil_Farook
in reply to: leeminardi

@leeminardiI understand it's unethical mate. That's why I wanted to help him by providing modeling techniques initially instead of doing his assignment. But the thought of a person failing a class is what made me do this because I've seen a few of my friends fail the same class I was in but I didn't have the opportunity to help them then. Since it has been pointed out to me, I'll refrain from doing so. I am so sorry that I can't provide you the file mate. You can see the scene capture below, and the wireframe, if that can help you @Anonymous.

BedroomScene.png

Message 8 of 14
leeminardi

@Fadhil_Farook I have read many of your helpful and generous posts and appreciate your interest to help Max users.  I share that goal. I also noted that your first offer was to help, and not do, the total assignment for the OP.  To help users is why this forum exists.  I appreciate your reconsideration of providing the OP the final file.  What is the meaning of passing a course if the student hasn’t mastered the material?  As the OP says “…I was not able to learn how to operate it yet”.  I suggest he drop the course and take it in the future when he is ready to dedicate the effort required to learn material.

lee.minardi
Message 9 of 14
dgorsman

Indeed.  Imagine hiring someone with good credentials, they talk a good game in the interview, and when they sit down at the job they're clueless?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Thankfully I found someone who did it for me, so this whole debate about what is ethical and not had no effect whatsoever. I don't want to explain my situation here, and believe me if "dropping the course and taking it in the future" was an option I wouldn't even be here in the first place. FYI - I've recieved a couple of private messages from the community saying they would do it for me (money always prevails). In other words you and I both know that these comments will not change the outcome, so my general advise is that instead of taking the role of Autodesk ethical police you should omit these kind of posts and spend that time more productively helping out others who actually need the help. Finally I want to add that maybe you should write a description for your profile saying "I never cheated or lied for personal benefit in my life" because I'm sure that it's true!

Cheers.

Message 11 of 14
dgorsman

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally I want to add that maybe you should write a description for your profile saying "I never cheated or lied for personal benefit in my life" because I'm sure that it's true!

That's what being a professional is.  If you need to explicitly state it well...

And you do realize those offers of paid work weren't genuine - they would have delivered a hand sketch, a blank image, or similarly useless content to drive home the point.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Wow, I can't believe that you not only offered to create the assignment, but you did it. How in the world is he going to learn anything like that? Thats a very disappointing and unethical move! I understand wanting to help someone, especially since we've all needed help at one point or another with MAX, but doing the assignment is not helping. MAX is complex for the beginner, if the "unlucky student" signs up for the next level of MAX he will be even more lost than he is now. Wow.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

EDIT: Since its already been stated that this is highly unethical I have two comments.

1. Please take an ethics class in your studies

2. Good luck in you next MAX class!

Wow.

Message 14 of 14
Discussion_Admin

@Anonymous wrote:

Thankfully I found someone who did it for me, so this whole debate about what is ethical and not had no effect whatsoever. I don't want to explain my situation here, and believe me if "dropping the course and taking it in the future" was an option I wouldn't even be here in the first place. FYI - I've recieved a couple of private messages from the community saying they would do it for me (money always prevails). In other words you and I both know that these comments will not change the outcome, so my general advise is that instead of taking the role of Autodesk ethical police you should omit these kind of posts and spend that time more productively helping out others who actually need the help. Finally I want to add that maybe you should write a description for your profile saying "I never cheated or lied for personal benefit in my life" because I'm sure that it's true!

Cheers.

Please remember these are professional forums and as such deserve professional ethics when participating.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report