Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

UVW Map modifier - might be a simple problem but I am stuck

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
428 Views, 2 Replies

UVW Map modifier - might be a simple problem but I am stuck

It might be a simple explanation (im not applying parameters right or maybe it is because i have multi-sub object material), but I don't know what else to try. I have applied Physical materials with Bitmaps as Base color map and Bump map. On the same object the same materials repeat several times. I use UVW Map modifier, applying it on the whole wall object on which the materials repeat several times. As you can see on the 5th floor, the same bitmap is applied on all red and all white areas, yet they all look completely different: on the left side the whites are good, the brick colored are a little too big, but on the right side they are striped and look horrible. I use U, V and W tile size 10, and x alignment as parameters on UVW Map. Any ideas what's wrong and if there is anything I could do?

I attach even the file with only the 5th floor.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks like it has to do with choosing Box instead of Planar. Still, the materials look striped šŸ˜•

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks like it has to do with choosing Box instead of Planar. Still, the materials look striped 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report