Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift Loop tool: creating edges on the opposite wall

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
488 Views, 1 Reply

Swift Loop tool: creating edges on the opposite wall

Hi! 

It might be a newbie problem, but I dont know where else to ask.

Im modeling a house, and as I create edges on the wall, using Swift Loop tool, in order to make windows and doors, the edges are created on every parallel surface that belongs to the same wall object (I created it as spline and extruded it). Means once i create an edge with Swift Loop tool, the same edge is created also on the opposite wall. How can I avoid it, since now Im sitting and ctrl+shift-clicking the unnecessary edges on the opposite wall manually, taking them all away... Trying to cut from inside outwards, placing another object in the middle of the building, all doesnt work. What can I possibly do?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Turns out the answer is ridiculously simple, and I figured it out when I saw "Ignore Backfacing" in some 3D related text and had the weird gut feeling it might have to do with my problem.

Turn on Ignore Backfacing on Selection rollout for Edit Poly or Edit Mesh modifier. That simple. Man Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report