Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to precise Resize only "V"ertical in UV Map

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
partycat35
263 Views, 3 Replies

Trying to precise Resize only "V"ertical in UV Map

In UV Mapping, I am trying to 50% half the UV of 2nd object, but when I select V box and put 50, it's also applying to U box as well, making the whole UV gets reduced to 50%.

I tried using holding left Shift key and dragging the UV from top right corner towards bottom, it's preserving the horizontal size but I can't accurately reduce it to 50% exact 😞 It's having +-10% difference.

While I'm resizing the object itself, I do that by right clicking the Resize Modifier, which opens a window so I can enter value to the whichever box and allows me to resize only at that particular axis. But it seems there is no such feature for UV Map as nothing happens when I right click 😞

Is there a way to achieve this? It's not too big deal but figured I could ask anyway as sometimes small difference causing issues later on, which I can't unsee once I see them 😞

Screenshot (2602).png

Screenshot (2603).png

Screenshot (2604).png

   

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Uncheck the L at the bottom to be able to type in new value for single dimension.

Message 3 of 4

Oh, wish it had some info bubble on it haha 😄 I was keep checking buttons but none of their names had anything related to sizing, and I totally missed the L button since it doesn't have any name or info bubble lol 😄

Thank you so so much for your help as always :))) ❤️
Message 4 of 4

Heh, yeah, I wonder who thought "nah, label is descriptive enough, it doesn't need a tooltip" when naming it like that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report