Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties of light in 3ds MAX 2017

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
769 Views, 4 Replies

Properties of light in 3ds MAX 2017

Hello, 

I have a question about the properties of light(option roll out and sampling). I remember in the previous version of 3ds max when I create several lights they have the same options and sampling. But in a new version (3ds max 2017) these properties discard every time when I create a new light even in sequence. Is there any settings for this problem?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

I must be testing on the wrong lights, would you please help me to reproduce this with some steps please?  I was trying the mr Area Spot but in both versions it didn't remember the sampling for certain areas.  Is this a specific type of light that you are using?  Thanks for any additional information.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello,

I am using Vray Lights as a plane and then choose in the options "skylight
portal" and "simple" and in the sampling rollout choose the number of
subdivs. Now I start thinking, maybe these changes are in new Vray version,
not in 3ds Max. Strange that this option missed, it was very useful when
you need to create many lights with the same settings.

Thank you for your help.

--
Best regards,
Kseniia Malysheva
Message 4 of 5
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

Thanks for the extra information.  With Max lights this is working for me, but I can confirm that with Vray I am not getting the settings saved when I create new lights, although I do remember that I used to. I checked in 2016 and 2017 to make sure it wasn't a Max version issue, same result.  I"m sure they're working on it.  When I cloned/instanced the lights however they kept the same settings, might be a useful workaround.  Happy Holidays!

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 5
XR3D

Hi did you ever find the answer to this question? I have been searching for hours and this is the first time I found anyone with this same problem. I like to create multiple lights using the AutoGrid to place them in the correct location and really need V-ray to retain previous light settings.

Thanks!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report