Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 3ds Max model UVs to Zbrush for Displacement map

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
xdude00
461 Views, 0 Replies

Problems with 3ds Max model UVs to Zbrush for Displacement map

Hello kind folks.

Right, I am trying to update some of my old 3D max work by exporting my characters and creating displacement maps in Z-Brush. Now I have already modelled, skinned and rigged most of these older characters so I just wanted to add some detail by exporting it over and really just playing around see if I can make some alterations.

Now I have figured out how to get my model successfully back and forth from both software packages, however the problem allies with using multiple material IDs for the character (3) in which importing it over to Z-Brush it seems to compile all the materials into one and not separate them into individual channels (picture provided)

So when I create a displacement map it jumbles them all up when I export it back to 3ds max. 

Is there a simple button I haven't clicked? As you can see from the pictures it looks as though it is also flipped and inverted in Z-Brush....

Any help is most appreciated

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report