Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pan/rotate viewports simultaneously

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
keith_brown
580 Views, 2 Replies

Pan/rotate viewports simultaneously

Hi!

Always when I'm modelling I use a reference object with turbo smooth applied to easier see what my low poly model will look like when smoothing is applied. Many times, however, when panning/rotating in the viewport I need to jump back and forth between the viewports holding the lowpoly model and the reference object. 

Is there a way to simultaneously rotate two viewports globally?

I've tried to illustrate it below.

1) From Edit Poly view

sw.gif

2) It works a bit faster when exiting Edit Poly view and select the reference object. Still a bit time consuming when doing this often though.

swa.gif

So basically I want to speed up the workflow from within the Edit Poly menu... and best would have been if it was possible to simultaneous pan/rotate the viewports globally.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: keith_brown

No, you can`t synchronize the viewports.

You can probably use 'Save Active Perspective View' and 'Restore Active Perspective View' and bind it to a Shortcut to speed things up.

Have you considered changing your workflow to toggling between subdivided/unsubdivided mesh by using a shortcut?

I attached a script that i found that you might find useful. You can bind this to a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off a Turbosmooth modifier on the stack of the mesh.So you can quickly preview the subdivided state of your model.

Message 3 of 3
keith_brown
in reply to: keith_brown

Late reply lol! This is awesome, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report