Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening fbx file changes the object

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1318 Views, 6 Replies

Opening fbx file changes the object

I created a building in Sketchup and I exported it as an fbx file. When I try to open it 3ds Max, the object is changed completely as far as materials are concerned. The materials of the building is from Sketchup. Below, I have posted some pictures so you can understend my problem. Does anyone why that's happened and how can I solve this problem?

math_sketchup.png

math_3ds.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,
Why do you no import skp file into 3dsmax directly?

--> http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/3DSMax-Data-Exchange/files/GUID-AD50EB5B-A535-431B-8066-...

Message 3 of 7
Fadhil_Farook

It's probably due to the 3DS Max viewport settings on your PC. Go to Customize > Preferences > Gamma and LUT and check to see if Enable Gamma/LUT Correction is unchecked. If so, enable it and if need be increase the Gamma value as needed.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,
Why do you no import skp file into 3dsmax directly?

--> http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/3DSMax-Data-Exchange/files/GUID-AD50EB5B-A535-431B-8066-E2F4836E42D3.htm

Thanks for the response. Whenever I try to do that, there's an error saying "x32 reader terminated unexpected". I use Sketchup 2017 and I think this is the cause of that particular problem. You can import skp files until Sketchup 2014 or something.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Fadhil_Farook

@Fadhil_Farook wrote:

It's probably due to the 3DS Max viewport settings on your PC. Go to Customize > Preferences > Gamma and LUT and check to see if Enable Gamma/LUT Correction is unchecked. If so, enable it and if need be increase the Gamma value as needed.

Thanks for the help but that doesn't seem to be the solution. Enable Gamma/LUT Correction was already checked. As for the Gamma value I'm not really sure. I'm not familiar with that. The value was 2,2. I increased it to 3 but it didn't make any changes.

The thing with my problem is that I have created 15 buildings and the problem occurs for just a couple of them. And I don't know why that happens for those particular buildings only.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Look at this weird thing.

I deleted all the materials in my model in Sketchup and I put one material in just one face. I exported it as an FBX file and then I opened it in 3ds Max and you can see the results below.

math_sketchup1.pngmath_3ds1.png

You can clearly see that the material is in the wrong place. Could this mean something?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hello,

Save your file in version SKP 2014 and not use the FBX export

For me no problem with FBX (Sketchup 2015 and 3dsmax2018)

Check export option in SKP and check import option in 3dsmax 

And check normal face in skp 

SkpFbxMax.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report