Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge two elements

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
865 Views, 1 Reply

merge two elements

Hi

I'm really new:-) I created some model from scratch, I made couple of object and finally I merged them into one, but when editing it now (as editable Mesh) and choose selection option: element I can select them like they are grouped. Problem is that I need them to be a single element. Thanks for help
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to remove polys where they touch then weld the vertices together. This does mean you will need the same number of vertices on both parts in the ithe appropriate locations. If you want them to stay in their current positions (relative to each other) you could select the 2 Borders (caused by removing the facing polys) and Bridge them.

A screenshot, or a copy of the scene (zipped), would help as we don't know what the 2 elements look like or how they need to be joined together.

Also, please make sure you always state your Max version - if you put this in your sig then you can't forget - as it can sometimes be important.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report