Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with symmetry

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
468 Views, 2 Replies

Issue with symmetry

Hi Guys 

I am new to making weapons and I have just made the base to a KAR98k from planes. I have shift dragged the edges to give it a little bit of thickness and now I want to do symmetry to get the opposite side of the weapon. 

The problem is that when I go to do the symmetry along the Z axis the weapon completely dissapears from the viewport and I have no idea why 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bioclone_ax45
in reply to: Anonymous

I love the Kar 98 ^^

You must use "flip" as the program needs to understand what side is the one that must be "copied and inverted"

Notice that you can click on the modifiers on the right, and you will see "mirror" what you can click, and then, move... that is the middle point of the "reflection" so it must be between both halfs... If its on the correct place flip will do what you are looking for.

PS: Im no sure, but it looks that you probably need to move the "mirror" pivot on his X axis a bit "to the left"..  im not too good explaining myself on english so, if this would be a cube, you need to put it like  "  [ x ]  " being X the mirror pivot and the [] both halfs of the cube (one yours, the other one made by the symetry modifier itself).. right now looks like it would be more like " ] x [ " so moving the pivot to the left and with the correct fllipping if necesary will do what you need.

Message 3 of 3
kgokhangurbuz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @U1651643 ;

@bioclone_ax45  Explained it very nicely, and I wanted to add a screencast for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report