Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Convert The Corners Of The Box Round.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
8767 Views, 7 Replies

How To Convert The Corners Of The Box Round.

I am facing a problem regarding making the edges of box round. if i use chamfer box it makes all the edges round. i just want the four corners to be round without affecting the rest of box. please help me if anyone can1.JPG

This is the chair seating base  and its corners are round . if there is any way please tell me. Thanks!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
leeminardi
in reply to: Anonymous

Convert the box to an editable mesh then select only the edges you want to apply the chamfer modifier to and then chamfer away!

lee.minardi
Message 3 of 8
don_3259

hi dear friend can you please tell is that original shape without edges round yes you edit single vertex or edge chamfer in edit mesh or polygon method..thanks

Autodesk Student Amassdor
Guest & Visiting Lecturer
Ali Sajjad
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: leeminardi

Thank you for the help!!! it really helped me I did chamfer but its pointy. As you can see in the picture . I want it to be a smooth curve as it was in my question first. I am just a beginner. do you have any idea how to do it ? It will be really helpful for my class project.111.JPG

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: don_3259

Thank you for the help!!! it really helped me I did chamfer but its pointy. As you can see in the picture . I want it to be a smooth curve as it was in my question first. I am just a beginner. do you have any idea how to do it ? It will be really helpful for my class project.111.JPG

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hi, i am a little bit confuse 🙂 since you mark the answers as solutions for your question.

So, i understand that you still need help to create round corner on your plane.

Here's 2 screencast that i made with 2 methods.

IMPORTANT, take a note that the 4 polys that i select at the end aren't quads, if you need to deform, animate or add a turbosmooth to this mesh, you will need to add extra edges for the corners.

Example #1

http://autode.sk/2mkIEgh

Example #2

http://autode.sk/2nmMA22

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you so much Eric. It Helped me very much.

Message 8 of 8
don_3259

everyone here is to help dear acelivers just be happy always welcome

Autodesk Student Amassdor
Guest & Visiting Lecturer
Ali Sajjad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report