Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to auto-center swift loop cuts?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2810 Views, 1 Reply

How to auto-center swift loop cuts?

Hi, I'm still getting used to 3DS Max from Blender and had a simple question. How do I place my loop cuts exactly in the middle of a face? In Blender you could do this by simply right clicking. Alternatively, is there a method of placing loop cuts on two separate parts of a mesh at the same time?

SwiftLoop.png

For reference, I'm  trying to add a swift loop where you see the green edge, but I want it to appear on the exact same point on the other side. Any help?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can hold down Shift while clicking, this also rearrange the the loop to keep the curvature of the surrounding polygons.

Hover over the Swift Loop Tools to see more options with modifier keys to slide/straighten loops,ect.

swiftLoop.PNG

If you just want a cut exactly in the middle you can use edge insert.

Insert LoopInsert Loop

For symmetrical modeling, this works different in 3dsmax with the help of the symmetry modifier. That you can stack up and model below.

Especially for Hard Surface modeling i can recommend the youtube channel of Arrismus 3d:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSLLdTBwLMfTKWS56tOiQpw

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report