Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove the boxes that are around objects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2007 Views, 3 Replies

How do I remove the boxes that are around objects

Hello,

I am new to 3ds Max. I do not have the intention to use it more often, but I need it to create a few cross-sections. I got a working model from someone else, which works and he even made a simulation with it. I need it to make some crossections of the building, but I encountered a problem. I see a lot of squares around the objects, which make it impossible to see the things I actually need. I've got about 600 objects in the model, but for every object I also see a cube. This results view as you can see in the attachments. 

I tried to repreduce the steps of this post: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/how-to-remove-white-boxes-around-object/m-p/7107917, but that did not solve the problem. Has someone encountered the same problem and solve it? 

I use Windows 10 Home (16299) and 3ds MAX 2019, with the latest Vray plugin.

Many thanks in advance,

Remy 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lorddavius
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Remy! Hope you start using Max more, not less 🙂

About your issue, hard to tell what's wrong. Those things you call "cubes" could be point helpers, could be selection brackets, could be mesh displayed as box, could be adaptive degradation turned on...

Can you share the file (even if partially) so we can better see what's your issue and maybe help you overcome it?

Cheers!

Message 3 of 4
miledrizk

Hi,

If you only care about the geometry objects I suggest you go to the Display panel,

Check all object types and leave the Geometry unchecked, this way you'll only see geometry

Objects in the scene.

Display PanelDisplay Panel

------------------------------------------------------
miledrizk@gmail.com
3DS Max 2021, V-Ray 5.2
3DS Max user since 2003 (3DS Max 7)
V-Ray user since 2008 (V-Ray 1.47)
My YouTube Channel http//www.youtube.com/c/MiledRizk
Message 4 of 4
rendermaster

right click on the object, go to object properties and untick show as box

Untitled.jpg

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

3D Generalist / Animator / Renderer/ Graphics Designer

Autodesk Student Ambassador Platinum
YouTube Channel l Linked l Facebook l Blogs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report