Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How can I perfectly import cad plan to 3ds max so that I do not have to fuse and weld most of the vertexes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
viz3djr
301 Views, 2 Replies

How can I perfectly import cad plan to 3ds max so that I do not have to fuse and weld most of the vertexes

In case of masterplans ,many vertexes needs fuse and weld in 3ds max,Is there any way to avoid this time consuming process 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CAMedeck
in reply to: viz3djr

There should be a Weld option when you import the DWG.  But if the vertices are not close enough, then it's just a poorly drafted DWG (which happens).  There isn't much you can do in that case, other than select all the vertices in a particular spline object and Weld, adjusting the Threshold to suit.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
viz3djr
in reply to: CAMedeck

Thanks a lot for the solution.By default that option was off ,I changed it and now it is working perfectly.Saves lot of time hereafter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report