Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire-Extinguisher 3D modeling tips/advices

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AlexandreDBP
309 Views, 2 Replies

Fire-Extinguisher 3D modeling tips/advices

Hi

I write today to get some good advices, maybe guides or other resources to find how to to a specific unique shape for a model. I struggle finding how to do such structure and I cannot find examples or tutorials on the web for this subject. This is why I come back today directly on the Autodesk forums by hoping receive some help from experienced 3D modelers!

This model is a fire extinguisher, low-poly. I already did almost everything else, only remain the bottom of the body, the "bumped" part:

Reference pictureReference picture

I hope the accurate shape of the reference subject is perceptible, otherwise feel free to ask me for other pictures, I took ~30 images.

Where I am today:

3DS Max raw preview3DS Max raw preview

I don't try to recreate exactly perfectly the real reference, I optimize it for a +15 years video-game engine so allow myself skipping some tiny details or merging other ones.

For now, I let the bottom part until finding how to achieve it. I think about simply changing the bottom by a simpler, flat bottom like US standard fire extinguisher, but I want to learn more technics and therefore, find how to do this type of shape. Maybe some modifier or specific procedure, I don't know.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Create the base for the bottom.

Make some simple editable poly starting piece for one of those "legs" with its pivot in the center of the bottom-base.

Rotate the leg with SHIFT 75 degrees and make 4 instances. Then model the leg trying to match the reference.

dmitriyshpilevoy_0-1701069094403.png

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the reply

I see with your pictures, I'll try to do as you explained, pretty simply, didn't thought about it haha!

I keep you updated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report