Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge extrusion

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
975 Views, 3 Replies

Edge extrusion

Hi guys, 

I'm a beginner in 3ds Max, so if my question is stupid i'm really sorry!

i have a problem with edge extrusion, as you can see in the picture 2 the extrusion looks like soft, but i don't wont it in that way, what can i do to fix that problem?

(If already exist a forum with this discussion please let me know, because i didn't found it).photo 1photo 1photo 2photo 2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
miledrizk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Well not sure if i understood, but do you mean the two small extrusions you did they

Feel like they don't have an edge between them?

Well if that so i guess you're thinking like that because you're in the Xray display mode,

Press ALT+X again and check it again. Maybe a quick render will give you better idea.

Now if they are really soft, select those problematic Polygons, go to Polygons: Smoothing Groups rollout,

Experiment with low values for Auto Smooth and click the Auto Smooth button. Maybe you can start with

Values like 15 or 20 and see what happens.

------------------------------------------------------
miledrizk@gmail.com
3DS Max 2021, V-Ray 5.2
3DS Max user since 2003 (3DS Max 7)
V-Ray user since 2008 (V-Ray 1.47)
My YouTube Channel http//www.youtube.com/c/MiledRizk
Message 3 of 4
don_3259

hi dear friend please show us final result picture which you want to get so when can help you correctly or try to remove unwanted edges or vertexes.

thank you 

Autodesk Student Amassdor
Guest & Visiting Lecturer
Ali Sajjad
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

The reason is because you have activated nurms subdivision in the editable poly:

image.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report