Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different result Crossection modifier vs Crossection (from Line/Geometry rollout)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
keith_brown
181 Views, 1 Reply

Different result Crossection modifier vs Crossection (from Line/Geometry rollout)

Can someone please explain why the outcome is different here? One turns out as expected and one doesn't.

keith_brown_1-1689280898339.png

Crossection from the geometry rollout works fine:

keith_brown_0-1689280878738.png

keith_brown_4-1689281023002.png
With surface modifier

Using the Crossection modifier does not work. It get some weird overlap/folding?

keith_brown_2-1689280944072.png

keith_brown_3-1689280978167.png
With surface modifier

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: keith_brown

I realize this does't really answer your question but usually there are several ways to achieve the same result in Max. If one works and one doesn't it's sometimes faster in a production environment to just not try to figure it out, use the one that works, and keep on going. 

I'll frequently save these odd things until I want to relax with a nice beverage at night and just open it and start plunking around to see why. If the first one works, I say be glad and keep on rolling. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report