Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloth simulation issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
535 Views, 2 Replies

Cloth simulation issues

I want to create suitcase model that has leather warping on the angle of suitcase. Like this ...

7.png

so I used cloth modifier. (P.s. If these are not proper way to do it please tell me how to correct it, Thank you).

1.png

2.png

3.png

Somehow, it turnned out quite bad. Here are some results that I've done.

[Silk]
4.png

Burlap]

5.png

[Generic Heavy]

6.png

Are there any methods that easier or suit for this case? If there are, please teach me. I'll be so delightful. Thank you again in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bob.bernstein
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, I'm intrigued in your idea to use cloth for this.  Never would have occured to me.  I can't say why your cloth isn't dropping, but you might not have gravity enabled.  

My intinct would be to go back to your first edit poly modifier, below the turbosmooth.  I'd make new edges that form the shape of the corner piece.  I'd select the polys that bound the corner piece, clone them as a new object.  shell that object with an outer dimension set.  Then turbosmooth both parts adding control edges.  Of course I left the shape simply, yours would be more complex.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bob.bernstein

Oh my.. How did I forget this technique!? Thank you very very much for reminding me. I owe you once Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report