Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character Scaling question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ajjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
371 Views, 3 Replies

Character Scaling question

Hello forums!

I was recently in contact with support on autodesk's youtube until they stopped responding...

First I want to be clear that we're talking about scaling the mesh, not the rig (bones, helpers etc...). Scaling the rig makes a mess in 3ds Max. If I wanted to do that, i would animate in Motionbuilder instead.

If we're talking only about scaling the mesh, the way I'd go about it is to select all the objects that make the character and simply use the Uniform Scale from the toolbar. Once the scale is correct, and with all the objects still selected, I would go to the Utilities panel (the one with the hammer) and click the Reset XForm button, and then the Reset Selected button. This would take care of adding the needed XForm modifiers to each selected object. I would then right-click in the viewport and Convert to Mesh/Poly to collapse the stacks for each object.
Remember, this is for GEOMETRY, not for rigs. You'd still need to (re)rig your character.?

I already have the exact same mesh with wrong z-scale. the height is the only correct thing with it.

The mesh is set at 0,0,0.

I want to scale it to the same size as the existing one i have (ill divide the y numbers with eachother then scale)

THE SPACIAL RELATIONSHIP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IM LOOKING FOR.

Now im just wondering if i can do any of these things.

1. collapse the mesh, scale it then copy the mesh and detach it by parts?

or

2. make a collapsed mesh, then parent the individual parts to the collapsed one then scale it?

Or is there another way you would reccomend?

Because im confused as to how i should scale it.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Maybe rescale world units would work for you?

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-D694AA44-B687-4954-89AF-E9B396099344

Enjoy.

Stephen

Message 3 of 4

One of solutions:

1. Create a box at a 0,0,0 position and convert it to the EPoly object
  2. Attach all parts to the box
  3. Scale the box
  4. Select the box as an Element and delete it.
Message 4 of 4

Hi friend 

Just link the other mesh with you character and then "Alt+A" align with your other character and select match scale x,y,z. This will do the job. (Just keep this in mind that the models should be same.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report