Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chamfer - tri option missing in editable poly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cauberto
1163 Views, 6 Replies

Chamfer - tri option missing in editable poly

Hello guys! 

I have a small annoying problem. In the Chamfer01 image, we can see a chamfer tri option, and in the Chamfer02 image there is no such option.

I would like my 3ds Max to display this bevel option as well. I don`t want go to modifier list and select Chamfer to need use this.

If anyone can help, thank you very much.

Labels (5)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cauberto
in reply to: cauberto

Hello! Please, someone? 😁

Message 3 of 7
10DSpace

@cauberto 

What version of Max are you using?  I have max 2020 and as you can see from the screenshot below, the tri option is available in an Editable Poly.

Chamfer_Tri.png

Message 4 of 7
cauberto
in reply to: 10DSpace

Hello @10DSpace ! 

a version of mine is also in 2020, but as you can see it doesn't even have half the options it has in yours. Very strange

cauberto_0-1590582752344.png

Message 5 of 7
10DSpace

@cauberto 

Are you updated to version 2020.3?  The additional chamfer options were added in the latest version -- 2020.3 

From the max 2020.3  new features list :

Chamfer and Modeling improvements
Chamfer enhancements made from 3ds Max 2020 through to the 3ds Max 2020.3 Update allow modelers to work more efficiently and to have the tools where they need them whether they’re in the modifier or EditablePoly objects.

• New Chamfer Mitering types (Radial and Patch) are available in EditablePoly caddies/dialogs
  • We also updated chamfer algorithms to better handle edge cases, producing more pleasing geometry overall and avoiding degeneracies such as flattening or skewing of edges
  • Transform Toolbox now uses world units

https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/the-3ds-max-blog/3ds-max-20203-feature-updates/#

Message 6 of 7
cauberto

Thank you @10DSpace ! The update worked! Thank you again. It's so simple but it makes a big difference in your daily life.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

This is a problem again in 2022.2   24.0 - 24.2.0.2334. There is no option to tri chamfer.

biggspidey_0-1637806958548.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report