Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car modeling with only 1 Blueprint

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
raphael.most
560 Views, 5 Replies

Car modeling with only 1 Blueprint

Hi!

I‘m a student of media technology. We have the following task to do for this semester.

„Create a 3d model of the socema gregoire turbine.“

It‘s the first time for me to create a 3d model. The only problem is we only got 1 blueprint which shows one side of the car. (We also got the length and width of the car but that‘s it)

I don‘t find any blueprints of the top view or front view.

so is it possible to create this 3d model with only the side view of the car?

I hope somebody can help me 😬

Tags (2)
Labels (5)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
oliver
in reply to: raphael.most

Looks like Spirou's Turbot-Rhino  😄

Yes, it's perfectly possible to model a car based on a single blueprint - it's even possible to model a car without a blueprint! Just start and squeeze out every possible information from that blueprint - use photo-reference for the missing details. There are even tools out there that can measure stuff in pictures...

Message 3 of 6
raphael.most

Blueprint Vorbereitung.jpgSo that's the only blueprint we got and the only blueprint I can find on the internet 🙈

We got a few tutorials of our professor with different ways to model a car. But in those tutorials he had every perspective of a car..

So how would you do that if you got this blueprint (and a few real pictures of the car)? 🙈

Message 4 of 6
raphael.most

especially, how would you start to model the car
Message 5 of 6
oliver

I would start with a roughly modelled box because - although very round - this car has a shape (seen from top) like a brick. Applying a TurboSmooth and adding some edge-loops here and there to direct the roundness to the right places should give you the basic shape which you can then refine.
But of course this is just one of many possible approaches...

Message 6 of 6
raphael.most
in reply to: oliver

Okay!

That's also what I did. I created a box with all the right sizes etc.

But especially with things that I have to extrude inside the box I have problems with the turbosmooth.

If there would be a video on youtube about how to model a car starting with a box, it would be easier but they all model the cars with multiple planes 😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report