Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see edges on backside of object since 2023.1 Update

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
FionaFergusson8795
2950 Views, 32 Replies

Cant see edges on backside of object since 2023.1 Update

As you can see in the screenshot attached I can see any edge that are on the backside of the object since updating to 2023.1 this morning. Its frustrating as I need to see where they are.

How to I enable this in the viewport?

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33

@ads_czechoj- can you please escalate this?  weve waited months and months?

Message 22 of 33

@ads_czechojFYI above.

Message 23 of 33

Any further updates to this 3ds max 2023 issue? Would like to know if this is software side or hardware related. No reply to my supplied scene file.

Further info of my computer:

Windows 10 64-bit 22H2 release

CPU: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v4

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X driver version: 527.37

RAM: 64.0GB

Message 24 of 33

Helloooooo AUTODESK?  please guys this is dragging on!!!!! @ads_czechoj

Message 25 of 33

There is no problem, problem in yours background color guys, just make it little darker and you will see all edges. 🙂 lulz xD

Screenshot_2.png

p.s. all what autodesk is need to do, is fix edges color on back side nothing more. cuz right now they same color as background, but if you have good monitor with correct brightness setup they still slightly visible.

Message 26 of 33
short.cirkuit
in reply to: dimarakov

not really mate - the edges used to be white, i see that you can make it as per your screenshot but this is a new thing, it was never like this in 2022 and previous.

Message 27 of 33
dimarakov
in reply to: short.cirkuit

Screenshot_11.png

make any color which you like. white, green, pink etc. and leave original background color.

Message 28 of 33

thanks - i know this.  But my point is previouslyt, prior to these updates, it was never like this

Message 29 of 33
dimarakov
in reply to: short.cirkuit

**** happens xD

Message 30 of 33

thanks mate - appreciate the help.  Hey by the way, you would be good at photomatching would you?

Message 31 of 33

Facing the same issue for an year now, Today I figured out that the back face edges are actually visible but the color is set to grey same as viewport background, a temporary solution is to change the viewport BG color, under customize user interface >> color >> element >> viewport change the viewport BG color to a darker or lighter color then all the edges will appear. however in customize user interface >> color >> Element >> geometry >> backface lines is also set to grey by default but changing it does not effect anything.

Message 32 of 33

I have the same issue, also my edges are barely visible, since they got the same color as the background now, putting my background to gradient helps a bit, but makes it still hard to notice. 

3dsmax_2023_bug.PNG

Message 33 of 33

Alright guys I think I found the solution!
The edges are not missing they are just the same color as the viewport background.
So go to the Customize/Customize User Interface/Colors and set the background color just a bit lighter than it is set by default and you will be able to see your edges. 
I hope this helps! 

luka_aman_0-1695319111981.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report