Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary box Pivot point skew issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
328 Views, 1 Reply

Boundary box Pivot point skew issues

Hi everyone,

i'm new to 3ds max and i'm having this issue when modeling that i feel will come up a lot.

basically i want the box around my object to line up with its current position 

img1_issue.JPG

the gizmo in this image above  lines up with how i want the box to be orientated.

img2issue1.JPG                                                                          this is how the gizmo is orientated when i start to edit the model, which is making it difficult to

do things like align all vertices on x y or z. 

also its making it hard to use the ffd modifiers how i'd want.                 

img3issue1.JPG                                                                                                      

i've tried adjusting the pivot point in the hierarchy menu and also align the object to another object with the correct orientation. I've tried changing the reference coordinate system as well but i don't see anything working until i get that bounding box in the right orientation, i've also tried resetting the xform.

but like i said i'm new to this software so I've probably done all of that wrong or missed something basic.

i'll attach my file for anyone interested in giving this a go

thanks for any help! 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Irshad_Shah_3dArtist
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi mate.

Just go to utilities panel and use reset xform.

This will get you what you need.

Thank you 

Irshad shah

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report