Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better way to model this simple geometry?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
arqaugustom
182 Views, 1 Reply

Better way to model this simple geometry?

Hello, this is my first post here, I'm not new to 3ds Max however I manly use it for rendering and model on other softwares, leaving the modeling in max only for specific situations, but I think it's time to improve my modeling skills and i'm trying new stuff.

So after a few trys and different ways I've modeled this: https://imgur.com/a/X4ovXVN

using editable splines, editable polys, compound objects and boolean. Started by drawing the shape from the top using arc and lines, extruded using editable poly and shell, then I did the drawing of the hole using the same way, and subtracted using boolean.

However I've noticed that it creates a small edge in the bottom left of the geometry, I was wondering if there's a better way (probably yes) to model this with a better topology.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Editable_poly can't have a single polygon with a hole in it. Max tried to auto-fix it with this edge.

You can set this edge to invisible using Editable_mesh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report