Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bending without deforming

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1295 Views, 5 Replies

Bending without deforming

hello everyone, I dont understand how to bend my product in 3ds max without deforming the sides and also keeping the volume/shape integrity.my modelmy modelthis is the image i want it to lok likethis is the image i want it to lok like

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CiroCardoso3v
in reply to: Anonymous

See if a FFF modifier helps. You usually need a little bit more tessellation to avoid distortions. 

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CiroCardoso3v

hey! thank you for the prompt reply, do you mean FFD Modifier?
Message 4 of 6
CiroCardoso3v

Sorry yes a FFD modifier

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
RobH2

Keep in mind, some tasks need more manual construction. Not every task can be accomplished with a modifier or automatic tool. If the quick-n-easy tools don't get you where you need to be, don't let it stop you in your tracks. It's sometimes faster to just dive in and build the mesh the normal way. Your object looks like it would be pretty easy to build out. 

Have you tried lofting a spline?  Have a look at Max's Documentation on 'Sweep.' I attached something I did in less than 5-minutes. While it's not exactly your product yet, it's a nice base to start with and even has the shapes for the stitched piping on the edge ready to modify and improve. Use and FFD from there to randomize and tweak it a bit. Anyway, just a suggestion. 

Edit: In case it helps, here's the file I played with. 'Sweep.max', attached. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hello @RobH2 and @CiroCardoso3v, I apologize for the late reply, but thank you for you answers, RobH2 I did redo it., I did not know about the 'Sweep' even though I have been using max for more than 4 years now, thank you, I appreciate the knowledge.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report