Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 conform tool doesn't work

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3612 Views, 6 Replies

3ds Max 2014 conform tool doesn't work

Hi guys, i'm using 3ds max 2014, i'd recently installed it, and i've problems with the "conform" tool in the graphite modelling tools. i select the mesh i want to draw on, but the tool doesn't fit my mesh how i want, it just move it around the viewport with no sense. Iwas working in 3ds 2012, and it never happend, so i would like to know what could be the reason for it, and how can i fix it.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

had the same issue recently i just made sure i had a high poly mesh but all seems to work fine afterwards
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I am having a similar issue with 3ds Max 2014.

If I attempt to conform a plane onto a sphere, the plane pushes through the sphere as if it is not there.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm probably doing something incorrectly.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

It appears this is a bug with 3ds Max 2014.

Using the same exact workflow (Freeform Conform) I was able to conform a plane to a sphere in 3ds Max 2012.

However in 3ds Max 2014 the plane passes through the sphere as if the sphere is not present.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Conform tool works with service pack 2 but doesn't work with service pack 3 !!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Yeah, the tool is bugged. However, what works for me is, to switch between conform and conform-move one time before actually painting the conform. It works...
Click conform, then click conform-move and than switch back to conform again... it works...

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Ahah, this is a strange way to make it works, but it works well... thanks a lot !!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report