Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI bottom space - wasted

UI bottom space - wasted

UI-bottom area.png

 The bottom area is too tall and most of the space is wasted, having nothing in it.

Even if I close the trackbar/time slider, there is still wasted space on vertical axis.

That space is important.

This can all be put on a single line. Or have an option to hide the buttons related to animation and have everything else on a single line, there is enough space. 

I'm guessing not everyone creates animations daily, so these buttons just stay there for no reason and take up precious space.

Please consider this. Thanks! 

5 Comments
Explorer

If you compare Blender, Max, and Maya, the feeling is that BL's UI and interaction are designed, while MAX and Maya's UI and interaction have no sense of design.

The whole bottom needs to be rewritten and redesigned. For example the viewport camera navigation buttons I would have them  in the viewport corner next to  view cube and ofc this should be able to be turned off. Max script listener should dissappear and everything be dockable, tearable etc

For example, why not put small buttons for controlling the transform axis constraints in the bottom UI? I think they do much better in a fixed exposed UI location rather than in a floating toolbar. I usually preserve toolbar space for custom tools, so one less toolbar the better. 

Q8nhKjFBTe.png

RGhost77
Advisor

@daniel_swahnRGNR9good idea!

sebastian___
Advocate

BL's UI might be "designed", but it's their way or the highway. You can't add a custom button somewhere on the ui. You can't delete buttons as well. The shortcuts are also very awkward to modify.
While Max invites you with open arms, telling you to feel like home. It's so easy to make a new button, just drag and drop. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report