Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steal Quad Draw's Auto-Weld

Steal Quad Draw's Auto-Weld

Steal the Auto-Weld feature from Maya's Quad Draw tool and put it next to the Extend tool in Max's Freeform modeling ribbon. This would keep me from having to regularly switch between Extend and Optimize to weld verts as I'm doing retopology.

5 Comments
Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

brentscannell
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

brentscannell
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @Anonymous
I'm archiving this to make way for some other ideas. It does not have a lot of votes over the last 12+ months and no discussion going on. Feel free to renew this idea in the future and rally some support in the community about this.

hansolocambo
Contributor
It's been archived although it's a very necessary addition. Being able to extend edges is nice. But if, as we extend them, they don't snap/weld to anything around, it makes the Extend (Shift : Drag a Border to create a polygon) pretty much useless as one needs to weld vertices manually for each created polygon. 3D-Coat, ZBrush, Maya, for the apps I know, have a similar tool and it auto-welds. There's not even an option to choose "no welding". Because it's obviously necessary.
MjolnirZero
Community Visitor

I agree with both verticalslicer and hansolocambo, this feels like an obvious oversight in the max FreeForm modeling tool's Extend function

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report