Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift extrude Spline at the end

Shift extrude Spline at the end

I would like to see shift extrude for splines. Like the shift exturde in polyobjects.

So i could drag the end vertex of a spline with pressed shift key and add new sepments to the spline.

12 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I vote for this.

A closely related additional suggestion.

If end knots on splines also has an out tangent the vector of that out tangent can be used to extend the end of splines parametrically, sort of like an extrude function for splines.

spline_out_tangent_extrude.jpg

info
Enthusiast

Yes, good idea. When your are in lokal-mode the gizmo could orientate to the handle.

michael_spaw
Autodesk

Thanks for the ideas

-Michael

Michael Spaw

3ds Max, Product Owner/Designer

Media and Entertainment Division

electrotoast_old
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

passariello
Collaborator

Yes, great idea!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen this feature in blender and I would love to see this to be added,especially for ArchViz artists

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like this idea 🙂 It would be really useful !

eugenio_miolo
Advocate

It would be even cooler if we could also drag vertices in the middle of a spline to subdivide it. Cinema 4D allows to do that (with Ctrl) and it's really handy.

Also, the transform gizmos in local coordinates could be tangent to the line when selecting a knot, so extending lines would come for free with shift + drag.

I've included this idea on my compilation of Spline creation and editing Ideas. Pls support this and other great ideas:

[Splines] Improved creation/editing capabilities and precision

K.W.J.P.
Advocate

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/shift-drag-add-points-for-shapes-spilnes/idc-p/9940822#...

really AD.. so old this Thread... 😃  Please do that for us!   😉

passariello
Collaborator

somebody forgot this 😄

K.W.J.P.
Advocate

brantscannell should be informed by electrotoast, or electrotost has not done his job right... finally:

what is a FUTURE CONSIDERATION?  Is it unclean code they are suffering of, or is there only ONE Person at development!? 

AD wake up! Blender´s growing!!  (and you will fall asleep)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report