Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

separate files in one instance

separate files in one instance

We really need to have the Detachable Viewport and the ability to upload multiple files in the same instance of max. Copy, paste, xref would really fluid.

10 Comments
michael_spaw
Autodesk

Can you please spell this out a little more? How do you see this as being different than this idea?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/viewport-tear-off/idi-p/6738064

Thanks

-Michael

Michael Spaw

3ds Max, Product Owner/Designer

Media and Entertainment Division

passariello
Collaborator

My idea is a bit different:

Grafica1.jpg

passariello
Collaborator

It's necessary to have a robust interchange cache file for copy / paste of object like XML or better .... JSon

.... work is possible if all information is stored in a part of memory / file (as cache) that pilot all information....

Users are convinced to work in multiple file but for DEV is an only one unique file.

passariello
Collaborator

The file multi istances will .MAXPROJ file (like compile software) that comtains all project. 

Files remains individuals "A.max", "B.max".... and will updates on save or by requests-

In this case the amounth of devs recompiling is on the part of actual software deputate for load, merge, save, combine....

For viewport the major changing will on division to windows were software use as "internal istances" and are separated job for OS and GPU.

Make sense?

michael_spaw
Autodesk

Thanks for the additional information.

electrotoast_old
Community Manager

@passariello If you can edit it, remove the "detachable viewport" as part of this idea. While I get the Idea in general, they are two separate things and I'd hate to Achive this one as it's not exactly a duplicate since it has the additional info. If you can't edit, let me know and I'll edit it.

passariello
Collaborator
I'm really sorry but I don't have opportunity to edit it 😞 ...

electrotoast_old
Community Manager

I was able to update it. Thanks for the Idea!

electrotoast_old
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

passariello
Collaborator
THANK YOU GUYS! "Future consideration" is a great news for me! :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report