Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently Used Modifiers

Recently Used Modifiers

I think having a section for recently used modifiers as the first section of Modifier List will be handy. It should be context sensitive and the maximum number of modifiers in this section can be set through preferences (please see the picture below).

4.png

12 Comments
nnikbin
Collaborator

A modified version of this idea will be showing "Most Recently Used Modifiers" instead of "Recently Used Modifiers".

danny.austin
Advocate

This is a good point. As will as this I'd like the ability to turn off all the modifiers that I have (in 15years) literally never used. 

Anything that can be done to trim down this morbidly obese titanic is a good thing. 

electrotoast_old
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Pac_187
Enthusiast

It would be nice to actually filter the list when starting to type, instead of jumping to the next thing in the list.

Right now I'm kinda using the Global Search feature to do this, but it also shows other results besides modifiers.

nnikbin
Collaborator

Hi @Pac_187,

Your idea is nice and handy and it seems to be simple to implement. I think it deserves a dedicated idea post.

danny.austin
Advocate
+1 definitely @Pac_187 filtering would be spot on for ploughing through the modifier list.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most used modifiers at the top might be nice too, I have my most used as buttons but it would be good if there was a modifier set that updated automatically as it learns what modifiers you use most.

Pac_187
Enthusiast

Looks like @Swordslayer already created an idea for what I mentioned quite some time ago:

Modifier List dropdown - support for wildcards

Go get voting guys 🙂

nnikbin
Collaborator

Thanks @Pac_187 for the @Swordslayer's idea link. I voted 🙂

RGhost77
Advisor

activeType in my opinion best alternative of Modifiers List and it has support of "last used modifiers", "mostly used modifiers", custom scripts etc.
After first used activeType I never used max's Modifiers List & Global Search which is lack of features which is was mentions in this thread.

pyroskat
Advocate

All what you ask is not already there?  If you select an object. Press "X" you type whatever name you want, you will go through all modifiers, and most used ones I think they go in top already.

this could be an alternative for those who dont want to work with the saved Buttons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report