Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Caching geometry with changing topology

Point Caching geometry with changing topology

Add the possibilty to create point cache for changing topology objects, like complex particle flow system, for example. The integration of the XMesh plugin would be perfect!

7 Comments
DaveWortley
Enthusiast

Have you tried using Alembic? You can also use Performance Mode with the Alembic Helper to play back massive caches in the viewport.

But I agree it should be easier to cache something... the work under the hood is there, just needs better workflow. 

Guillaume.BrXYZ
Participant
Hi Dave, I tried Alembic yes, but point caching complex particles systems for example is still way too complicated!
eugenio_miolo
Advocate

Maybe add support for alembic in Point Cache modifier and the Cache operator in PF.

michael_spaw
Autodesk

Thanks! Would be interested in what specifically you think is too complicated about using Alembic. Details will help a lot.

-Michael

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Guillaume.BrXYZ
Participant
It would be great to be able to generate a file per frame actually. When you have to network render a very heavy particles sequence, it is not really handy for all the computers to load/unload the same and only heavy .abc or .vrmesh file for example. I don't even think it is possible (in 3dsMax 2016 at least) to export a pflow particle system without "baking" it in 3dsMax... Baking a particle system with instanced animated particles would be a very great and useful feature IMO! Thanks
electrotoast_old
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report