Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive ActiveShade -- disable Nitrous viewport features

Interactive ActiveShade -- disable Nitrous viewport features

Hi,

The current implementation of ActiveShade in the viewport seems to overlay Nitrous viewport rendering features over the top of the Arnold rendering. It's very cool to be able to see light icons, edged faces, etc. on top of an ActiveShade rendering... until it's not. Shouldn't there be a way to see a pure interactive production rendering in the viewport, without edged faces, without light and camera icons, etc.?

As it stands now, it's pretty confusing when the user has the ability to enable crazy Nitrous rendering features such as stylized rendering while ActiveShade is running. This means there is a high probability of user error because the viewport ActiveShade does not match the Production rendering at all. It just makes no sense as it is now. For example, I can enable Graphite rendering mode in the viewport when Arnold ActiveShade is running. What I get is a blending of the two renderers, and the result I see in the viewport cannot be reproduced by rendering in Arnold or in Quicksilver.

It's just weird and wacky. There should be an ActiveShade in viewport mode that completely ignores all Nitrous settings, just like the old Extended Viewports method of loading ActiveShade into the viewport.

Thanks.

Aaron

1 Comment
aaronfross
Collaborator

Shift+C and Shift+L hotkeys are fine for hiding cameras and lights. But what if I want to see lights and cameras in other viewports, just not in the ActiveShade?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report