Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improved Maxscript editor

Improved Maxscript editor

I believe it would be welcomed by many if you could improve current Maxscript editor and add a few features like auto-complete,  formalized code documentation and a system for viewing function signatures (based on previous). I understand that doing that in dynamically-typed language is not easy, but it should be somewhat possible.

I know about current auto-complete feature, but that's rendered useless as soon as you start doing some OOP.

5 Comments
aslantamjidi
Advocate

check out this Link

a great Autocomplete is already there since 2011 as I know...

Anonymous
Not applicable

check out this Link

a great Autocomplete is already there since 2011 as I know..

Hi Aslan, thanks for the comment. I should've explained what auto-complete feature I meant in my idea. It was the very thing you're suggesting. And I must say it is far from great. It's sufficient for functional programming, but as soon as you make an instance of an object, it won't help you anymore. That's what I'd like to see solved. Editor has to guess what objects are in which variables and that's not easy... but mostly doable. I can see an argument being made about how maxscript is not meant to be used for larger toolsets and that that's what c++ plugins are for, but than again, in our rather small studio (cca 150 people) we don't have artists who can program in c++ well enough. Not to mention that constant restarting of max when you're trying to test changes made in code. 

attilaszabo
Alumni

@Anonymous  - could you give us a concrete example where auto-save is not working as you expect it?

brentscannell
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

joeaf9321
Enthusiast

I agree with this idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report