Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import .SVG as splines

import .SVG as splines

Since there is an importer for using SVG as a map, maybe can that be quickly tweaked to function also as a geometry spline importer

8 Comments
tricotalazan
Contributor

agree

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

gutenbar
Enthusiast

My 2d vector editor (Affinity Designer) does not export AI, but do it to SVG.

Since it is a more neutral format, and to Splines we can not export any additional feature of the AI, to have this option would be very nice.

I've included this idea on my compilation of Spline creation and editing Ideas. Pls support this and other great ideas:

[Splines] Improved creation/editing capabilities and precision

mgmcgill
Enthusiast

I currently have Illustrator so I was able to convert to a legacy .ai file but I don't plan to own (rent) Illustrator for much longer. Glad I still had it installed to convert a logo I made in Affinity Designer. SVG is definitely the way to go.

harwin
Explorer

We have requested for this simple feature to import SVG/EPS since 2017. Must be difficult to code.

stragalet
Enthusiast

I need this too...

Kinematix1
Community Visitor

Hi guys, you can face this functionality by converting SVG file to DXF (most of vectorization programs contemplate this exportation or conversion, but you can also convert them online since there are a lot of websites that offer this funcionality for free) .

Once converted to DXF, you can import this new format via direct menu option "File > Import > Import..." and that's all, you have your spline visible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report