Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-activate a map

De-activate a map

De-activate a map in the slot editor without breaking off the link between that map and the shader, so the map behind the one de-activated is still working. See screen attached (the gloss map is still working even if the output is de-activated):

5 Comments
Swordslayer
Advisor
What would it do with multi input maps, though? For what other maps that you often use apart from Output would that be beneficial?
julian.juju
Contributor

To me it would be beneficial with the mix map as well. And now that I think about it, it would be awesome for every single map: It could also be a good idea to be able to desactivate a single bitmap (as you would have done it by clicking on the shader, going down to "diffuse" (for example) and untick it), that would speed up your workflow.

Regarding the multi input maps issue, I'm sure Autodesk can come up with a nice way to deal with them. 🙂 Like choosing the first input or letting the user decide, why not 🙂

Swordslayer
Advisor
It's already getting complicated, for me a different solution feels more intuitive and faster than picking which map you want to fall through with another interface. Have you worked with MCG? There's a pass-through node which is perfect for such scenarios, it holds the connection, if you want the main map connected to that, you connect it, otherwise you connect one of the other maps. It doesn't do anything and is there only to simplify the graph.
michael_spaw
Autodesk

Thanks

-Michael

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report