Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Matching

Camera Matching

Hi Guys, first congrats for the new version of 3ds max max 2022 its awesome.

Is there any chance in future versions of max you take into consideration to add some way of doing camera matching from photos just like Autodesk Image Modeler used to do? I know max right now do camera matching but you need to have the object already or partialy modelled, it would be great if you can use a few images as reference, calibrate some points in every image and then get the cameras and point positions and also the images as background, thats would be very useful for modeling objects using only images, is plus that I haven't seen in any other software yet and it would be great if max could have it.

I think for accuracy modeling that would help a lot

3 Comments
mad.kaveh
Advocate

please add future that we have the ability  to animate the  orthographic projection view to perspective view  with value (0-100)

BenediZ
Collaborator

Totally agree... I would be happy to have a better camera navigation, too, that speeds up all camera matching processes. Have a look here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/proper-intuitive-fast-camera-navigation-for-render-cams...

JohnnyRandom
Advocate

They own Realviz and they did support Image Modeller for a little while. They own all that IP. It really is a bummer when they acquire tech and don't maintain the suite. I would agree a faster method would be useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report