Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back current modifier highlighting in 2018

Bring back current modifier highlighting in 2018

no_modifier_highlight.png

I'm bothered why there is no highlighting of the current active modifier in the Command Panel like in previous versions of 3ds max. When working with multiple modifiers of the same kind it can quickly become confusing not knowing which modifier you are currently working in. It's completely ridiculous to remove such small but helpful feature from the modifier stack. I hope it was not a deliberate decision to remove the highlighting and I hope it's nothing but a bug that is going to be fixed.

4 Comments
Swordslayer
Advisor

Nothing changed in this regard in 2018, it's the same as in 2017. Unless you're in subobject mode, the highlight is there.

StephenMF
Collaborator

Mine works...

2017-05-29 (2).png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Swordslayer and StephenMF. It looks like this is not a removed feature. For some strange reason the Modifier Selection colour was set to the same colour as the background. This has never happened to me before. It might have to do with me exporting colours over from the previous version, but I dunno why the Modifier Selection colour is as-expected in the previous version and not in the new.

Problem solved.

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

@Anonymous,

Glad to see this is resolved.  

Not sure right off why that would occur but I will keep an eye out for this case.

Kelly Michels
3ds Max Senior QA
3ds Max Beta Manager
MEI Division Beta Administrator
kelly.michels@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report