Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XRef Scene Not Visible in Render

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
yogiyoboy3
620 Views, 9 Replies

XRef Scene Not Visible in Render

XRef Scene Not Visible in Render I have tried merging the scene it works fine if I add it as XRef Scene it is not visible in render both scenes are clean no problems were found I have attached the screenshot please have a look I'm using 3DS MAX 2024.2.1 V26.2.1.22056 and V-Ray for 3dsmax 2024 for x64 V6.20.03.32397.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 123323.png

Labels (4)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
RobH2
in reply to: yogiyoboy3

If you move the teapot xref inside in front of the glass, does it render? There are some things in VRay that don't render if glass is in front of them. 

If glass is not the reason, have you tried making the object into a VRay Proxy instead of an XRef?

Edit: Sorry, I keep coming back to add to the post. I'm playing with it and trying to reproduce the problem. Could it be as simple as a couple of items are turned 'off' by accident. Make sure the two items circled in the 'XRef Scenes' panel in the image are ticked 'on.' 

Mine is a 'Scene' XRef and not an 'Object' XRef. If yours is and Object XRef, try saving the object to its own scene and then XRef the scene (that now only has that one object in it) into your new scene and see if it works. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 10
yogiyoboy3
in reply to: RobH2

yes, i have tried that one also but not working if you are interested check the scene file I will upload.

Message 4 of 10
RobH2

Yea, do that. I'd like to play with it and see if I can figure out why you have having issues. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
Message 5 of 10
yogiyoboy3
in reply to: RobH2

Sorry for the late reply, please Download the file using Google Drive Link Scene File Name "XRef Test 001.7z" Here I have added plants as XRef Please Check I'm excited to know the error namaste.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JPs2V9NOLOduF1opoyCtM21N8CKzYgKx/view?usp=sharing

Message 6 of 10
yogiyoboy3

@RobH2 Hello is there any update.

Message 7 of 10
RobH2

I've been away. I'll have a look tonight. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
RobH2

It works just fine for me. I'm not sure what to say to help you. 

Here are some thoughts:

1) Have you created a brand new empty scene and added an XRef object? This is to start simple and try to find out what works and what doesn't.

2) If #1 above works, merge everything into this new file. Leave the working XRef object. Render and see if it works. 

3) What are your machine specs?

4) What if you detach the glass so it's a separate object and assign simple, basic glass? Does it work?

5) What if you do and ENU reset and also uninstall V-Ray, reboot, and reinstall it. That only takes a few minutes. 

I'm just trying some trouble shooting things. 

I attached a render of your file with an XRef Teapot behind your glass and it worked fine. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
yogiyoboy3

@RobH2 thanks for the update you're method worked for me and if anybody got the issue merge the Xref object to one layer and the layer must be visible to render and it will work for me it worked.

Message 10 of 10
RobH2

Great, glad you are ok now. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report