Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transform Gizmo Toggle hotkey removed

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
aaronfross
2790 Views, 6 Replies

Transform Gizmo Toggle hotkey removed

Hello,

With the hotkey reorganization in 3ds Max 2020, the very helpful hotkey for "Preferences > Gizmos > Transform Gizmos" was removed. This command is critical for translating spline Bezier tangent handles. Tangent handles are not objects nor sub-objects, so they cannot be selected. The Transform Gizmo gets in the way very commonly, especially when the spline is aligned with one of the world axes. The user cannot click on the tangent handle when the Transform Gizmo is superimposed over the handle.

"Preferences > Gizmos > Transform Gizmos" is the workaround. With Transform Gizmos disabled, and the Axis Constraint Tripod still visible, the user can choose Axis Constraints through the Toolbar or the F5 - F8 hotkeys. "Views > Show Tranform Gizmo" is useless because it also hides the Axis Constraint Tripod, making it difficult for the user to know what the current axis constraint is.

Please reinstate the hotkey for "Preferences > Gizmos > Transform Gizmos", which if I remember correctly, was <CTRL + SHIFT + X>. Also please change the items in the Views menu. There needs to be a menu based method to hide the Transform Gizmo but NOT hide the Axis Tripod.

Thank you

Aaron

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: aaronfross

The command is called: Transform Gizmo Toggle:

hotKey.JPG

Message 3 of 7
aaronfross
in reply to: Anonymous

I am aware of the name of the command.

I am aware that I am free to create my own custom hotkey.

I am requesting reinstatment of the factory default hotkey that **used to exist** .

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

@aaronfross wrote:

I am aware of the name of the command.

I am aware that I am free to create my own custom hotkey.

I am requesting reinstatment of the factory default hotkey that **used to exist** .

Well, pardon me for breathing. Only trying to help.

Message 5 of 7
aaronfross
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, I get cranky when stuff gets broken for no reason.

Message 6 of 7
jibijib

😂

Nice, I never knew this keyboard option existed - which menu is the hotkey editor located?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Shortcuts are not visible, shortcuts must be memorized. If there's ONE THING that developers should NEVER arbitrarily change, it's shortcuts.
It is an outrage to the entire user community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report