Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

something wrong with snaps !

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ktpaulWZCNS
409 Views, 4 Replies

something wrong with snaps !

2013.jpg2016.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: ktpaulWZCNS

Well, you're right insofar as the Icons appear to be messed up, but the actual Snaps do work, correctly, and agree with the Text. I've not seen any other reports of this so I suspect that most people ignore the icons anyway (they are pretty superfluous) and go by the Text instead.

If you really want to report it as a problem then (in 2016) go to Help > Speak Back > Report a Problem.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 5

I can't believe I hadn't noticed this in the last three releases, I logged it, BSPR-21752  Grid and Snap Settings:  Snaps:  Standard Snaps Icons WRONG

If this existed for three releases, I wonder how long it will take to get corrected?

Mastering Autodesk 3ds Max 2013
http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Autodesk-3ds-Max-2013/dp/1118129717/ref=zg_bs_4135_2
Message 4 of 5
lightcube
in reply to: ktpaulWZCNS

Hahaha... well that shows how observant we all are 😛

But it also speaks about the power of words over icons. When I open that menu the words are what my brain sees and clicks.

It is an interesting thing to think about. I often get teenagers and college kids who beg me to add more icons to some of my tools instead of text labels. Aside from the fact that it's more effort than I want to spend normally, my feeling for the most part is that text labels are unambiguous and immediate (Unless you label the button "Mystery Function"). Icons are certainly useful in many things... but the power/utility of text labels should not be overlooked in this age of UI prettiness obesession.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 5 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: lightcube

Well said! 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report