Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scene Explorer Visibility Hotkey

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2030 Views, 5 Replies

Scene Explorer Visibility Hotkey

Hey!
Please help. I'm looking for the way to hide/unhide the fixed Scene Explorer panel (typically attached to the left viewport area) with the assigned hotkey. Something similar to Show UI in Customize list where you can turn on/off the required panels and toolbars with one click (Show Command Panel, Show Main Toolbar, Show Ribbon etc.).
Customize User Interface allows to assign the hotkey to the Scene Explorer but it is not fixed to the specific toolbar region.

Please follow the screenshot for additional comments.
Guys, do you have any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

rather ridiculous for Max to "hide" this "open last explorer" under the "Open" alpha-sort list!

It's shortcut is Ctl+Alt+O.

capture.png

If you've dragged/dropped previous Explorer into a docked position, it will re-open there when toggled by the toolbar button or it's assigned shortcut.  

capture2.png

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

also, it us useful to export the list of shortcuts to a file, which can be done via the "Write keyboard chart..."  I attach a csv file I refer often

capture1.png

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It's definitely what i was looking for! Thank to you i also found the way to hide this docked Explorer. By command "Close Last Activated Explorer". Which is useful when you need to do kind of processes that do not require looking through the sorting/layer list. Cool that there is a possibility to enlarge the working space.
I've already thought that it is not possible in MAX with using a Hotkey.

ostapsoltys_0-1586290845817.png

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I never used that "Write Keyboard Chart". Only "Save" /"Load" buttons.
And I also have several questions:
1) How do you export Hotkeys to the CSV file? I have only the TXT type in list.
2) Why your Hotkeys are duplicating? There is an opportunity to use the same hotkeys fo different functions? Or this is just a bug?

ostapsoltys_0-1586291423756.png

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

1) How do you export Hotkeys to the CSV file? I have only the TXT type in list.

To create the csv file, i saved the txt file from Max, started Excel, opened the txt file and it guided me through mapping the columns (I think there's a tab between the description column and the key-shortcut column in the .txt file).  there's another posting elsewhere in forums discussing this.

2) Why your Hotkeys are duplicating? There is an opportunity to use the same hotkeys fo different functions? Or this is just a bug?

I'm not sure; I'm just a "student user"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report