Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object break on impact??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1428 Views, 3 Replies

Object break on impact??

Hi All,

I'm new here so not entirely sure of any posting "protocols", but I've been using the RayFire demo using the Voronoi fragmentation blah blah blah all standard.

How do I set it up so if the object is falling it smashs on impact with a ground plane? If I set it to dynamic in MassFx or just from RayFire it explodes or if it doesnt, it starts to fall apart as it falls through the atmosphere?

I hope that makes sense lol any questions please let me know.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Any suggestions?

I've seen many videos on youtube/google of people demonstrating this, an intact object falling and shattering/smashing as it hits a rigid object.

I obviously can't set it in sleep mode because i dont want anything to interact with it to make it fall just gravity in the animation.

Thanks!!

****EDIT****

I found a video which states using RayFire but using the demolish geometry setting without clicking the Fragment button on the Fragmentation tab and running with it that way.

If someone can confirm this (can't access 3ds max atm) I would be very grateful!

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/epic_shatter/
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Rayfire should keep everything together till it hits the ground. Keep it as an impact object in Rayfire and it should fall down.

I did a quick simulation with a sphere using Rayfire and it broke on impact.

You can put it in sleep mode and have it interact with another object and just have that object not show up when you render.

Are you trying to do a scene like the Video Copilot?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

hi sorry for the delayed reply, i think i had some issues with my 3ds set up, so i reset it and now any object "smashes", works perfectly now, and I've followed the attached video and even that works! lol

thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report