Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help in UV unwrapping | 3ds Max 2020

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
499 Views, 1 Reply

Need Help in UV unwrapping | 3ds Max 2020

Hello,
I'm creating demo for game engine test.
I don't know it's done by Game Engine(Unity3d or Unreal engine) or 3Ds max (or any other 3d software).

i want to do like this like in Real Racing 3 >
here is link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT_snPGnBJU

Please guide me, how can i do this.
i tried UV unwrapping but didn't get continues mapping as my mesh model have separate mesh elements.
I tried UVW map and applied box to make continues but in final i got uv overlapping.

i have a bus model and i want to project decals on it in unity3d engine.

Even small help will be appreciated.
Thank you 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
10DSpace
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

You are thinking along the right track with Unwrap UVW.  You just need to understand the basic principles so you can apply them to your Bus model and any other texturing work you want to do.  Here is a link to several basic introductory video tutotrials to the Unwrap UVW modifier in max that will ground you in the basic principles.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=3ds+max+best+unwrap+uvw+tutorial+for+beginners&oq=3ds+max+best+unWrap+UVW+&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j33l7.27699j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_O9BTXsLsJ6KoytMP2uKjqAE29

This tool does take some time to completely master because there are multiple ways to Unwrap and it really helps to know the easiest approach for a given mesh, because they can vary a lot in terms of shape, detail, etc.   So my recommendation to you is to take the time to gain a solid understanding of the Unwrap UVW modifier by listening to the 3 intro videos in the above link and read the Autodesk Help documentation on the subject as well.   The time will be well spent, because Unwrap UVW is at the heart of a good texturing workflow.   There are many questions on this forum that are simply the result of a user not understanding the basics of UV unwrapping.  

I hope this helps you on your way. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report