Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXScript Auto-load Script Error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
StephenMF
21851 Views, 7 Replies

MAXScript Auto-load Script Error

On a new computer I installed all my go to (old) scripts, more or less in one go.
Now I am getting an annoying error when i start max. Clicking OK moves me on without any aparent problems.

How can I figure out what is causing the error... and fix it?

See image below:

2017-08-18 (1).png

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Stephen

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
darawork
in reply to: StephenMF

Hi,

I've been trying for ages to find a simple 'script lister' or way in Max to view which scripts are loaded (like the APPLOAD command in AutoCad).

Then I remembered this: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/3DSMa...

I can see a long list of 'Loaded' or 'Deferred' plugins, all of which are either green or yellow respectively.

Do you see any red listings when you try it?  (You can filter the list with the checkboxes at the bottom of the window, 3rd party plugins most likely will be under the 'Additional MAX plug-ins' category).

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 8

Hello @StephenMF,

Interesting. Could you please list your 3ds Max version and update version that you are using here?  

To analyze MAXScript errors after launching 3ds max, go to the Utilities tab > MAXScript > Open Listener.

When the Listener window appears, take note of the message inside. The message should give users more information as to what within the 3ds max scene file is causing the problem. For example, the MAXScript error "
-Type Error: extends: requires MAXClass, got: undefined".  

Would you mind pasting that entire message into a post for me, please?  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 8

Wow thanks for the replies. They quickly helped me figure out what is wrong.

My old free polyunwrapper is not compatible with max 2018 (unupdated). In the listener I saw this error.

-- Error occurred in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Users\Stephen Meldal Foged\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2018 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\startup\polyunwrapper_autoload.mse; position: 1; line: 1
-- MAXScript Auto-load Script Error - C:\Users\Stephen Meldal Foged\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2018 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\startup\polyunwrapper_autoload.mse Exception:

I have to upgrade to the latest and paid version of http://www.polytools3d.com/polyunwrapper/

Thanks again.

Stephen

Message 5 of 8

All right!  Glad to hear the problem is fixed @StephenMF, thanks for the update and information.  I love that particular feature of Max and it's a hidden gem.  I should post it on the tips and tricks forum... it's a good one.  I had a plugin recently I tried to move to 2018 and had the same issue, lucky for me the author was giving his updates for free.

Looks like your upgrade is free too, according to the link you had there.  Huzzah!  

Best Regards,

Message 6 of 8

Hi,

I have a similar problem but I can't work out which thing is causing the issue. I am using Max 2019 with the 19.1 update.

I have Vray, Octane and the latest version of Arnold installed. On Max start up I get an error message about Vray plane - that goes away and then I get a Max script compiler error.

Inside the script listener the error comes up as

-- Error occurred in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Users\XXXXme\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2019 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\__temp17328.mcr; position: 459; line: 12
>> MAXScript MacroScript Compile - C:\Users\XXXXme\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2019 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\__temp17328.mcr, offset 459; Exception:
-- Compile error: Unexpected end-of-script <<

I can't work out what it would like me to do to fix the situation. Any ideas?

N-particle
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Alfred.DeFlaminis 

i also encounter the same problem. im using 3Ds Max 2017. i follow your steps in your post and this is what was written on the mssg box appear.

-- Error occurred in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\scripts\startup\vrayinstall.ms; position: 415; line: 8
-- MAXScript Auto-load Script Error - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\scripts\startup\vrayinstall.ms Exception:
-- Compile error: Can't find include file: $startupScripts\vrsceneexport.ms
-- In line: include "$startupScripts\\vrsceneexport.ms"

can u help me fix this one pls. 

Thank you so much.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: StephenMF

I have error with my 3dsmax when it comes to scripting stuffs, before it was ok but when i reinstall the 3dsmax again i start facing this error "it doesn't show the correct display it shows in disorder instead"  Help guysCapture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report